Peppered Cornbread Recipe
This Peppered Cornbread is made with some shredded habanero cheese and is sure to put a little kick into your step.
- ¾ cup butter melted and divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups self-rising cornmeal white
- ½ cup hot jalapenos drained and chopped
- ½ stick Habanero Cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan (or cast iron skillet) with 1 tablespoon melted butter; set aside.
Combine remaining melted butter, sour cream and next 3 ingredients; add cornmeal, stirring until moistened. Add jalapenos and cheese and mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 303mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g