Wendy’s has done it again – they have added a delicious new item to their menu. Let me correct myself – not one item, but two actually!
Being that I live in the South, where we are known for our barbeque, I had to go to Wendy’s and try it for myself.
Naturally, I chose the sweet BBQ sauce on both my fries and sandwich. It was a tough choice to make, but one I don’t regret.
About Wendy’s BBQ Pulled Pork
- For a limited time, you can go to Wendy’s and enjoy their BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich and BBQ Pulled Pork Cheese Fries – they are available at Wendy’s across the US.
- Wendy’s BBQ is made with tender, premium, lean pork shoulder which is slow-smoked for hours over hickory chips. You can get it topped with your choice of sweet, smoky, or spicy BBQ sauce. And to top it off, it is served with cool, crunch coleslaw on a brioche bun.
- Wendy’s has taken their quest into the BBQ world quite seriously. They learned from local experts that the best way to apply BBQ sauce is to drizzle it on top of the meat right before it is served.
- Wendy’s foray into the BBQ world began last year when they traveled around the country to experience first-hand the regional specialties at both BBQ joints and festivals.
- Good BBQ is made by pulling, rather than chopping, and that is exactly what Wendy’s does with their hickory smoked shoulder.
- Wendy’s tried using Boston Butt initially, but later switched to pork shoulder because customers told them they wanted a leaner cut of meat with less fat.
- You may have heard the expression, “The sauce is boss.” Well, the pulled pork is the boss of Wendy’s sandwich and it does not have to be smothered in sauce. A drizzle of sweet, smoky, or spicy sauce on top is all it needs.
Wendy’s takes their ‘que seriously. They wanted to take it to the next level, hence their journey across the country. Each pitmaster they met left his/her mark on Wendy’s BBQ, from the cut of the meat all the way to how the sauce is applied. Don’t forget – these delicious two items are available for a limited time. Try the new BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich and BBQ Pulled Pork Fries before they are gone.
Sweet, Spicy, or Smoky – which sauce would you choose?
P.S. Did you know that Wendy’s salads are made fresh daily? I found out through a behind-the-scenes look at a Wendy’s location in Atlanta. It’s no wonder I love Wendy’s salads!