Waffle and Ice Cream, Photo courtesy of Amanda
My friend, Amanda, travels a lot. (I think I might be a wee bit jealous.) She takes incredible pictures and shares them on her blog, KevinandAmanda.com. This past summer she traveled to several European countries and enjoyed some mouth-watering dishes. In the photo above that she took is a waffle covered in Nutella and topped with ice cream. I am not going to tell you where she ate it, but rather provide you with some clues – see if you can guess in which country she enjoyed it.
- Although it is considered a European nation, this country does not use the Euro for its currency.
- The country is 74 times smaller than the United States.
- French was the official language of this country from 1066 until 1362.
- Three of the top ten museums and art galleries are in the capital city of this country.
- What is now know today as a sandwich was created in this country by John Montagu.
- Per capita, the people who live there consume more tea than anywhere else.
- It is said that the world’s first chocolate bar was created in this country.
Where do you think Amanda had this waffle and ice cream?
You can check your answer and read more about everything she ate in this country by clicking here.0