This Thin Crust Veggie Pizza with Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe comes together quickly and is a family favorite. You can easily customize it.
I usually make homemade pizza crust, but for those times when I don’t really have the time to pull out my mixer, I pick up some Pillsbury pizza dough from the refrigerated section at the store.
Have you heard the expression – the sauce is boss? This one is and it is so quick and easy to make. You simply take a can of tomato paste and a can of tomato sauce that has basil, garlic, and oregano in it and combine them together. The seasoning is in the sauce. And if you like things a little on the sweet side as I do, add a touch of honey. (No more than a teaspoon.)
Spoon a generous layer of sauce over a prebaked (5 minutes) Pillsbury thin crust, add toppings, and then bake again and you, too, will be enjoying a delicious pizza at home.
Thin Crust Veggie Pizza with Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Crust
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe below
- 1 red bell pepper cut into slices
- 1 green bell pepper cut into slices
- ½ onion chopped
- sliced olives
- mushroom pieces
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 6 ounce can Hunt’s Tomato Paste
- 1 8 ounce can Hunt’s Tomato Sauce with Basil Garlic & Oregano
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon honey optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 10 x 15 baking pan by lightly spraying with non-stick spray.
- Unroll pizza crust onto pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Homemade Pizza Sauce by combing Hunt’s tomato sauce, tomato paste, and honey (if using). Stir well.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and spoon a generous layer of pizza sauce over top.
- Add mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese. Add vegetable toppings and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.