This recipe for Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb combines roasted sweet peaches with creamy Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
July is one of my favorite months! Why? Birthdays and ice cream, naturally. And it’s not just my birthday that I am talking about. I am also happy to celebrate when ice cream brands have a birthday, too! In 2016, Breyer’s celebrated its 150th birthday!
Lucky for us that in celebrating its 150th birthday, Breyers partnered with celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone. They created 12 recipes featuring Breyers Natural Vanilla, inspired by every month of the year, to give families a way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions with Breyers all year long.
All Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. Breyers only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.*
For this special occasion, I tried their recipe for Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream.
This recipe combines roasted sweet peaches with creamy Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Sweet!
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
***Recipe reprinted with permission.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
More About Breyers
Breyers was founded in Philadelphia in 1866 when William A. Breyer hand-cranked his first gallon of ice cream, which featured fresh fruits and nuts, and sold it to his neighbors. Breyers is committed to high-quality ingredients – a promise that has been on Breyers packages for more than 100 years. Breyers Natural Vanilla is America’s No. 1 vanilla ice cream. Breyers products are available in grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.99 – $5.99.
Happy Birthday Breyers!
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.