This Quick Beef and Broccoli recipe is delicious and is easily made in an Instant Pot. Made with natural ingredients, it has less than 20g of net carbs, 18g of protein, and is low in fat with only 6g. It’s a dish your whole family will love – especially those who have a gluten-sensitivity.
Dining out can be a drag when one has a food allergy or sensitivity. Many restaurants still don’t quite get how one little ingredient can hurt someone. But one ingredient can hurt someone – really badly.
That makes dining at home the best option for some and a really wise choice for all. Dining at home, we can control the quality of the ingredients in our food. This recipe for Quick Beef and Broccoli from Michelle Fagone’s The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series) will satisfy your cravings for Chinese take-out.
Overall, the recipe is relatively low in carbs – the little that it has comes from broccoli which is a good source of fiber, along with 2 tablespoons of honey. The book indicates that the recipe serves 2, but I found that there was plenty of beef and broccoli and that it could easily be stretched to feed four, especially if it is served with rice or cauliflower rice.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup tamari
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Beef and Broccoli
- 1 medium head broccoli, chopped
- 1 1-pound boneless sirloin, trimmed and sliced into 3" strips
- 1 cup water
- In a medium bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Set aside 2 tablespoons of sauce. Add beef to the bowl and toss. Refrigerate beef for 30 minutes.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and let heat up for 2 minutes. Place meat in pot and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add broccoli and toss 1 minutes. Transfer beef and broccoli to a large bowl.
- Pour water into the instant Pot. Insert steamer basket. Add beef and broccoli to basket. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust cook time to 1 minute. When timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Transfer beef and broccoli to a serving dish and toss with remaining sauce. Serve warm.
Excerpted from The "I Love My Instant Pot®" Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes by Michelle Fagone (CavegirlCuisine.com) Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 1311mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 11g Protein: 18g
The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book is a great book and I highly recommend it for those who have family or friends that have a gluten sensitivity or allergy. It has 175 recipes that are all gluten-free.
If you are in the mood for Mexican food instead of Chinese, then try Michelle’s recipe for Chicken Fajita Bowls. Craving comfort food? Then try Home-Style Meatloaf. And if you really just want an Italian-inspired meal that is gluten-free, then there are Caprese Chicken Bowls. All of those recipes are in the book. Look for it at your local bookstore or order it online at Amazon.com.