Spice up a box of chocolate cake with a little bit of peppermint oil to make these delicious Peppermint Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing. So easy and so good!
It’s so easy to make peppermint cupcakes.
- Start with a box of devils’ food cake mix and follow the instructions on the box, plus add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint oil.
- Bake as directed.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely and then top with buttercream frosting.
I have this thing about my homemade buttercream icing. I am not sure what it is – perhaps the simplicity of the recipe is what gets me. Or perhaps it is the smooth, creamy, and sweet taste. It doesn’t matter! I just love it and like to use it on pretty much every cupcake I make.
Buttercream frosting is easy to make and it only takes a few ingredients. Since it is homemade, you control what ingredients go into it. You can use organic powdered sugar, organic milk, organic butter, and organic vanilla extract.
Vanilla, chocolate, and peppermint = heaven.
These sweet treats are great for holidays, birthdays, or just because.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, Devil's Food flavor
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- Buttercream Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on box, adding 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint oil.
- Spoon into muffin tin that has been lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating with buttercream icing.
The nutritional information excludes buttercream topping.
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is an approximation and does not include buttercream icing.
Remember, all things in moderation, even cupcakes.