These tasty Oatmeal Cookies with raisins are made with flour, sugar, and a special spice that sets them apart from other oatmeal cookies.
How To Make Oatmeal Cookies With Raisins
For these delicious oatmeal cookies, you need the following ingredients:
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- quick oats
- all-purpose flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- baking soda
To make them, you begin by creaming the butter and sugars together. These are considered “wet” ingredients. To that mixture, you will add eggs and vanilla.
Next, it’s time to combine the “dry” ingredients: flour, oatmeal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Now it’s time to put the two together and mix. Add the raisins and chill the dough.
After about 30 minutes, divide the dough into 24 balls and place the balls on a baking sheet. Be sure to give them room to expand.
If you use a Silpat liner, they should be super easy to remove after they have baked.
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes in a preheated oven until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove them from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 3½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix on low speed to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, and then add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Stir in raisins until combined.
- Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal-sized balls. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches between balls of dough. Press balls down with the bottom of a glass. Tip: To keep the dough from sticking to the glass, wet the bottom of the glass before pressing down on the dough.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
The addition of pumpkin spice adds a special touch, especially around the holidays. Can’t you just imagine that this is one of Santa Claus’ favorite cookies?