Warm, mild weather, the end of the school year – it really shouldn’t be any wonder that May is National BBQ Month. There couldn’t be a better time to get out of the house and start grilling.
I have a recipe to share with you that will go great with whatever meal you have planned this grilling season – Morgan Murphy’s Turtle Bourbon Pecan Tart. It comes out beautiful and is really pretty easy to make. To make it, you will need a good quality bourbon.
I followed the recipe for this tart with the exception of using a gluten-free crust. The tart turned out beautiful, even if my photos didn’t.
Morgan Murphy’s Turtle Bourbon Pecan Tart
***Recipe reprinted with permission.
- Kentucky is the birthplace of bourbon, making it a truly American original. It was declared America’s only native spirit in 1964.
- Bourbon is made with at least 51% corn.
- Kentucky Bourbon and Tennessee whiskey comprised more than $1 billion in distilled spirits that were exported in 2013.
- 15,400 people have jobs in Kentucky thanks to the bourbon industry.
- Four Roses has been producing bourbon since the 1800’s in Kentucky.
What do you like to cook on the grill?