These Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes are gluten-free, chocolaty, and a good way to use up some of those odd specialty flours that you have sitting in your pantry.
I enjoyed converting Mom Foodie’s awesome recipe for Baby Banana Cakes (Mini-Bundts) with Vanilla Caramel Glaze so much into Gluten-Free Mini Banana Cakes that I decided to try another version, only with chocolate and avocado.
That’s right, baby – chocolate and ahhhhvvv-o-cado. That little green fruit that’s full of healthy fat and fiber.
Don’t worry – you can’t really tell that there is any avocado in there anyway. Now you might be wondering why even include it. Well, because I was experimenting. And experiments are conducted to determine whether or not something works, right?
Well guess what? It worked!
Now I imagine you could probably just omit the avocado if you’d like. I haven’t tried it yet – that’s another experiment for another day.
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray nonstick mini Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Place softened butter and sugar in mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add avocado, eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 1-2 more minutes until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Lightly tap pan on counter to help batter settle.
- Bake 20 - 24 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan before inverting baby cakes onto a cooling rack. Allow to complete cool before serving.
- For the ganache: Combine the heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips and microwave on HIGH for 30 - 45 seconds. Stir until chocolate has completely melted. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over mini bundt cakes.
How do you like to eat avocados?
Other Recipes You Might Like: