This Loaded BBQ Chicken Baked Potato PIZZA Recipe just might change the way you make pizza from now own. (It’s made using a packet of of Idaho Spuds.)
In honor of football playoffs, I created a new recipe that’s full of big flavor. You and your guests might even be surprised that this delicious Loaded BBQ Chicken Baked Potato PIZZA recipe was made using a packet of Idaho Spuds. Yes, that’s right – mashed potatoes!
The inspiration behind this recipe comes from a loaded bbq potato that I like to eat at a restaurant in Huntsville. The potatoes are awesome and make a great meal, but just would not be ideal for serving at the big game. So I merged the flavors of my beloved potato into my other great love – pizza.
It really is quite easy to make. Here are a few tips for making it:
Once the dough has been made, roll it out onto a pizza sheet or baking stone and prick the surface with a fork to allow steam to escape.
Partially bake it (for about 7 minutes) and then remove it from the oven and top it with your favorite bbq sauce and toppings.
Bake for about another 7 minutes and touchdown! You now have a delicious pizza ready to serve hungry fans. Here is the full recipe:
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 packet fast acting instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 3.74 ounce package Idaho Spuds Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces (alternatively, bacon bits)
- Chives, chopped
- Pour 1 ½ cups warm water into a measuring cup. Add yeast and honey, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together Idaho Spuds and flour in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add water mixture and mix on low speed of mixer using dough attachment for 1 minute until dough becomes a well-formed ball and all flour has been incorporated.
- Increase speed of mixer to medium and knead for 2 minutes.
- Turn oven on and allow it to heat up to 130 - 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn OFF oven.
- Place pizza dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Roll dough around to lightly coat entire surface. Cover with plastic wrap and place inside pre-warmed oven to rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll-out on pizza pan or baking sheet that has been sprinkled with flour. Prick surface with fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 7 minutes and remove from oven.
- Top with BBQ sauce, cheese, chicken, scallion, and bacon. Bake for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped chives.
Serving Size:1/6 pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 940mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 25g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.