Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a great low-carb, keto-friendly appetizer made in the Instant Pot.
The recipe for these tasty Buffalo Chicken Meatballs comes from The Everything Keto Cycling Cookbook: 300 Recipes For Starting – And Maintaining – The Keto Lifestyle by Lindsay Boyers.
The trick to making these tasty meat treats is to brown the delicate meatballs in small batches.
Serve them with celery sticks and low carb Ranch or bleu cheese dressing and stay on your diet without compromising.
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 green onion, minced
- 6 Tablespoons grass-fed butter, divided
- 6 Tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Combine chicken, almond meal, salt, parsley, garlic and green onion in a medium bowl and mix with your hands until incorporated.
- Wet hands and form mixture into 1-inch round meatballs.
- Turn pressure cooker on to sauté function and add two tablespoons of butter. When butter is hot, add meatballs in batches cooking for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Combine remaining butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer all browned meatballs to pressure cooker and pour buffalo sauce on top.
- Secure lid and cook on poultry setting for 17 minutes. Release pressure naturally.
- Carefully remove lid, allow meatballs to cool slightly, and serve hot.
Excerpted from The Everything Keto Cycling Cookbook: 300 Recipes For Starting – and Maintaining – the Keto Lifestyle by Lindsay Boyers, CHNC. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 1002mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
About The Everything Keto Cycling Cookbook
The Everything Keto Cycling Cookbook was written by Lindsay Boyers and is a good resource for those entering the keto dieting world. The premise of keto cycling is that dieters adhere to a keto diet for six days and then on the seventh, they can enjoy eating healthy, clean carbs.
Keto cycling is ideal for people who think that they cannot give up carbs entirely as well as for athletes who want to boost their endurance and performance and increase their muscle mass.
Lindsay details the standard keto diet phase and delves into the science of ketosis. She then continues and explains the benefits of a keto cycling diet and teaches readers about healthy carb choices and how to design a keto cycling schedule.
The Chapters and Recipes Inside The Everything Keto Cycling Cookbook
The 300 recipes are divided into eleven chapters. I am listing a few of the delicious recipes in each chapter to give you a “taste” of what you will find in the book.
- Keto Breakfast: Keto English Muffins, Coconut Cereal, Zucchini Egg Cups
- Keto Lunch: Cheeseburger Salad, Juicy Turkey Burgers, Ranch Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- Keto Dinner: Taco Pie, Sesame Chicken, Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- Keto Side Dishes; Chicken Parmesan Dip, Sausage and Green Beans, Keto Slaw
- Keto Desserts: One-Minute Chocolate Chip Brownie, Peanut Butter Fudge, Orange Cream Pops
- Fat Bombs: Chocolate Brownie Bites, Tiramisu Fat Bombs, Key Lime Pie Fat Bombs
- Keto Slow Cooker and Pressure Cooker Meals: Shrimp Scampi, Jamaican Jerk Pot Roast, Spicy Salsa Chicken
- Keto Vegetarian and Vegan Meals: Cinamon Roll Smoothie, Stuffed Pepper Omelets, Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Carb-Day Breakfast: Sweet Potato Home Fries, Blueberry Banana Mug Muffin, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Carb-Day Lunch: Curried Chicken Salad, Creamy Sweet Potato Soup, Mason Jar Burrito Bowls
- Carb-Day Dinner: Ground Turkey and Rice Skillet, Chicken Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet
Where To Buy the Book
Look for The Everything Keto Cycling Cookbook and Lindsay’s other cookbooks (Intermittent Fasting Basics and The Everything Keto Diet Meal Prep Cookbook) at your favorite bookstore or feel free to use my affiliate link below to get it at Amazon.com.