Put aside that recipe for plain cauliflower and whip up a batch of this flavorful Cauliflower Casserole instead. It’s keto-friendly and the perfect size for two.
The recipe for this savory side dish is from The Keto For Two Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Keto-Friendly Recipes JUST FOR TWO! by Lindsay, Boyers.
How To Make Cauliflower Casserole
The recipe calls for 3 cups of cauliflower florets to be boiled until tender. This is a great way to cut back on costs and to know exactly what is going into your dish. If you feel pushed for time or would like to take a shortcut, you can do what I did – take a bag of microwavable frozen cauliflower and cook it as directed. Just make sure that there are at least 3 cups of cauliflower in the bag.
Place prepared cauliflower into a food processor or blender and add heavy cream, butter, and seasoning and process until smooth. Stir in cheese and then pour the mixture into a 9×5 pan.
Top the casserole with diced tomatoes and sour cream and then sprinkle cheese, jalapenos, and olives on top. Bake and voilà!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon diced fresh jalapenos
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add cauliflower florets. Boil until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and transfer cauliflower to a food processor or blender. Add heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper and process until smooth. Add ¼ cup cheese and stir until combined.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into a 9”x5” baking pan and spread out evenly. Spread diced tomatoes on top of cauliflower and sour cream on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, jalapenos, and olives.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is
bubbling. Allow to cool before serving.
Excerpted from The Keto For Two Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Keto-Friendly Recipes Just For Two! by Lindsay Boyers, CHNC. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 787mg Carbohydrates: 13g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 15g
About The Keto For Two Cookbook
In The Keto For Two Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Keto-Friendly Recipes JUST FOR TWO!, Lindsay share recipes specifically proportioned for two servings, making it easy to create a delicious low carb meal to share with someone else or to meal prep for another day.
Chapters and Recipes In The Keto For Two Cookbook
The first chapter of the book provides a brief overview of the ketogenic lifestyle and gives readers insight into where the body gets energy, what ketosis is, a heads up about the keto “flu,” a primer on fats, and designing a ketogenic diet plan.
The recipes are divided into ten chapters. I am listing a couple of the delicious recipes in each chapter to give you a “taste” of what you will find in the book.
- Breakfasts: Peanut Butter Pancakes, Western Scrambled Eggs
- Soups and Salads: Chicken Soup, Bacon and Broccoli Salad
- Appetizers and Snacks: Pepperoni Cheese Bites, Monkey Salad
- Side Dishes: Creamed Brussels Sprouts, “Mac” ‘n’ Cheese
- Chicken Main Dishes: Zucchini Chicken Alfredo, Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
- Pork Main Dishes: Ham and Cheese Casserole, Ground Pork Stir-Fry
- Beef Main Dishes: Keto Meatloaf, Bunless Bacon Burgers
- Seafood and Fish Main Dishes: Tuna and Egg Salad, Shrimp Scampi
- Vegetarian Main Dishes: Vegetable Omelet, Quattro Formaggi Rollups
- Desserts: Lemon Mug Cake with Lemon Icing, Pumpkin Donut Holes
About Lindsay Boyers, CHNC
Lindsay is a nutrition consultant with extensive experience in a wide range of dietary therapies including the ketogenic diet. Be sure to check out her recipes for keto Pizza Fat Bombs, keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, and Peanut Butter Cookies on Southern Kissed.
Look for it at your favorite bookstore or feel free to use my affiliate link below to get it at Amazon.com.