When we were young, we looked forward to having milk and cookies. Just the thought of having them would make us happy. Now as adults, we can still enjoy having our own version of milk & cookies via crisp Harvest Biscotti and a glass of Chai Tea with Vanilla Honey Creamer.
Just imagine…the weather is in the ’50’s, the leaves are gold and orange and falling. The air is crisp and you are sitting in your favorite chair with a warm mug of chai. You pick up a biscotti and take a bite out of the crunchy cookie. Then you take a sip of your tea. Next thing you know, you dip your biscotti into your tea. That’s okay. Biscotti are the ideal cookies for dunking.
So…want to know how to make them? First, you need to get a bag of Tate+Lyle Honey Granules. You can find them at your local Walmart. They are a sweet combination of pure cane sugar and honey. Not only are they good for baking, but they are also good for adding a bit of sweetness to tea and cereal. Just sprinkle it over your favorite foods that you want to add a touch of honey – or sugar.
There are a few steps to making the recipe, but overall it is quite easy. After you have made the dough, you shape it into a log and bake.
After it has cooled, slice it diagonally and lay the cookies down on the cut side. Bake again. (Biscotti = twice baked)
Allow the biscotti to cool then store in an airtight container.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle Honey Granules
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup Tate+Lyle Honey Granules
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, Tate+Lyle Honey Granules, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate container, combine flour, baking powder, and pie spice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until dough comes forms a ball.
- Form dough into large rectangle that is about 3/4 inch thick on top of baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven, and allow to cool (approximately 30 minutes - 1 hour).
- Cut loaf on diagonal creating 3/4-inch thick slices. Place cut side down on parchment paper and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes. Allow cookies to cool.
- Place half-and-half in small sauce pan. Cut vanilla bean in half length-wise and scrape seeds into pan. Add vanilla bean to pan.
- Pour Tate+Lyle Honey Granules to the cream mixture and stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Strain mixture into jar and refrigerate.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.0