I bought some sausage and thought about making some sausage balls, but realized I didn’t have enough cheddar cheese to make them. However, I did have some Cabot’s Hot Habanero Cheese.
I shredded it with the help of my food processor.
Doesn’t it look beautiful?
I use the heart healthy version of Bisquick.
I use my food processor to help mix the ingredients.
Now they are ready to bake.
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix, I like Bisquick Heart Healthy – no trans fat
- 2 cups shredded Cabot's Hot Habanero Cheese
- 1 pound package of ground pork sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix baking mix and cheese. Take approximately 2 cups of mixture and 1/2 package of pork and place in food processor and process until well incorporated. Repeat until all has been combined. [I then blend all by hand.]
- Form into 1 inch size balls and place on baking sheet. (It’s ideal if there is a slight lip to the edge of the pan.]
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown and sausage is thoroughly cooked.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414 Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 918mg Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 3g Protein: 17g
These were delicious.