These tasty Whole30-compliant Balsamic Glazed Chicken Drumsticks get a touch of sweetness from the coconut aminos in the marinade. Serve with cauliflower rice and green beans or salad to round out a delicious, low-carb meal.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup organic chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onions sliced
- Pat chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel and place in a large, sealable plastic bag. Set aside.
- In a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, coconut aminos, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic together. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour one half of the balsamic marinade over chicken and seal bag tightly. Turn bag over until chicken is coated. Place bag in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight. Reserve remaining marinade to use later.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400° and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove drumsticks from plastic bag and arrange on lined baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding. Discard remaining marinade inside bag.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove chicken from oven and turn each drumstick. After turning, brush the tops of each drumstick with remaining marinade and return to oven. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is well done and the outside has caramelized.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer drumsticks to a serving dish and sprinkle with sliced green onions before serving.
About Whole 30
Whole 30 has been helping people change their lives in as little as 30 days. People learn about good nutrition and how to put an end to poor eating habits. Through Whole 30, many have learned about food intolerances that they have been suffering from yet did not know about. It’s a solid program for losing weight and becoming healthier.