These photos were taken in 2000 on a medical mission trip that I went on. Can you guess where and what the name of the main dish is? I will give you a few clues.
- This country is located in Southeastern Central Europe, ahead of the US (Eastern time zone) by 7 hours.
- The colors of the flag are red, yellow, and blue
- The national currency is called the Leu (RON) ( plural Lei ).
- The government is led by the Prime Minister.
- The climate is temperate.
- It was once a communist country.
- In 2012, the country had a population of 19,350,000.
This authentic main dish was made by a local using cabbage. You could say that it is the national dish of the country. It was delicious! I have pinned a version of this dish on Pinterest.
The above is a picture of a local market. I love to shop at places like this and wish there were more of them in the States.
This dessert went with the main dish. It was some kind of cobbler(?) and ice cream.
Those beautiful green leaves are grape leaves.
So, any idea of where I was or what the main dish is called?
You cannot be anything if you want to be everything.