Today’s challenge is not too difficult.
These lovely pretzels are not from Auntie Anne’s. I doubt that they were made by any chain, but rather by someone who had learned the old world pretzel making tradition. Here are some more clues about the country and/or city where I spied these large beauties:
- This landlocked country is in the middle of Europe and surrounded by eight other countries.
- Almost half of its territory is covered by forest.
- The Euro replaced this country’s prior currency – the schilling.
- It was the seat of the former Hapsburg empire.
- The von Trapp family, known because of their story retold in The Sound of Music, was from here.
Here are a few more pictures:
Think you know the answer? Leave your guess as to the country and or city in the comments below.
Have you ever been here?
I got most of the clues from National Geographic.0