This recipe for Easy Spicy Roasted Cauliflower makes a perfect side dish for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Just toss it all together and pop it in the oven for a flavorful, low carb side that pairs well with everything from poultry to beef and pork roasts.
Easy Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower rinsed, dried, and separated into florets
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely minced
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 450˚F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cauliflower florets, olive oil, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread seasoned cauliflower on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes at 450˚F, stirring once to ensure cauliflower cooks evenly.
- Remove from oven and set the broiler to high. Evenly sprinkle cauliflower with ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and place under the broiler until golden brown (approximately 2 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Facts About Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a very versatile vegetable, used to make everything from savory side dishes to low-carb pizza crusts. Here are some facts about one of America’s favorite low-carb veggie:
- Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer stem cells, thereby slowing tumor growth.
- Cauliflower is a good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development. It is also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
- One cup of chopped cauliflower has only 27 calories, 2.9 net grams of carbs, virtually zero fat, and 2.1 grams of protein.