Enjoy these Easy Pumpkin Muffins with Brown Sugar Streusel along with a cup of coffee and savor the moment. You’ll be glad you did.
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season will soon be upon us. This year, I would like to encourage you to take a moment and smell the – well, not roses since it’s the wrong time of the year for that – Pumpkin Spice coffee. And while you are at it, enjoy a delicious Pumpkin Muffin with Brown Sugar Streusel. You can easily make them at home and have them whenever you want, whether it’s with company, before you venture out to the mall, for breakfast – I think you could probably think of a lot of other times you could really use a coffee break.
These delicious little treats are easy to make. I’ll let you in on my little secret – I went to Walmart and picked up a box of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Bread Kit. Not only can you make pumpkin bread with the kit, but also these tasty muffins.
Here is how I made these delicious Pumpkin Muffins with Brown Sugar Streusel.
I started by making the brown sugar streusel and cream cheese filling first. That way they were ready when I needed them. The brown sugar streusel is made with brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and softened butter. I used a couple of forks to cut the butter into the mixture until it the streusel was pea-sized.
Then for the cream cheese mixture, I mixed one softened 8 ounce package of cream cheese with a cup of powdered sugar and some vanilla extract. I whisked it until smooth and then began making the pumpkin muffin base.
This is where it became super easy. I just followed the directions on the package. Four eggs, water, and oil + the prepared package = one easy muffin.
I spooned a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin batter into my muffin pan. Then I topped each muffin with about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture and then with a little more batter. I then sprinkled the muffins with the brown sugar streusel. I baked them for 24 minutes, let cool, and then I iced them with the packet that came in the kit. Just look at these little beauties:
- 1 Box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Bread Kit
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Two-thirds cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softented
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Prepare the streusel topping by combing flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter and mix until mixture is crumbly. Set crumb mixture aside.
- For the Cream Cheese filling, place cream cheese, powder sugar, and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set cream cheese mixture aside.
- For the muffins, prepare pumpkin bread according to directions on box. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of batter into muffin cups that have been prepared with non-stick spray. Place a generous teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture on top of each muffin. Top each muffin with another 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter to cover the cream cheese. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 24 to 30 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle packet of icing over the muffins and enjoy.
Although the kit makes two dozen muffins, you could be like me and opt to make 12 muffins + 1 loaf. I froze the loaf to eat later and a dozen muffins to enjoy now.
This post is about taking a coffee break, so let’s not forget the coffee! Especially when we can put NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Pumpkin Spice Liquid Coffee Creamer in it.
Enjoying these two delicious treats are a great way to slow down during this busy season. For more delicious food to enjoy with those you love, be sure to check out the Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board.