This super quick recipe for Easy Broccoli Slaw is perfect for those nights you want a light and tasty side dish without pulling out another pot or pan. Just toss the ingredients into a large bowl and give it a quick stir to combine ~ and viola! You have a satisfying side dish or a crunchy filling for sandwiches or lettuce wraps, such as these delicious Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps.
Planning Tip: You can serve this recipe immediately at room temperature. However, for best results, cover and place in the refrigerator for a couple hours (or overnight) to give the flavors a chance to combine.
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil mayo
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole celery seed
- 12 ounces organic broccoli slaw
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine avocado oil mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and celery seed to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add broccoli slaw and parsley to the bowl and toss in mayo mixture.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for a couple hours to chill, if desired. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 73 Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 69mg Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 2g
Facts About Broccoli
- Broccoli is in the same plant family as cabbage, kale, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts.
- One cup of broccoli has only 31 calories, 2.6 g of plant protein, 3.6 net grams of carbs, plus 135% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C, along with other vitamins and minerals.
- Broccoli has a wide variety of health benefits, including its ability to prevent cancer, improve digestion, lower cholesterol levels, detoxify the body, and maximize vitamin and mineral uptake.
- The largest cultivator of this vegetable in the world is China, followed by India. Broccoli was introduced to the United States during colonial times but did not gain popularity until the 1920’s.
- To keep broccoli fresh and crisp, store it in your vegetable crisper, unwashed in a perforated bag, and try to use within a few days.