These breakfast tacos are super easy to make and delicious. Made with simple quality ingredients, they prove that good food doesn’t have to be fussy.
How To Make Breakfast Tacos
To make breakfast tacos, start with a dozen good quality eggs.(I use and recommend Nellie’s Free Range Eggs.) Crack the eggs and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add a half cup of half-and-half and whisk together until the mixture is light and creamy in appearance. Set the mixture to the side.
Next, melt butter or ghee over medium heat in a large, non-stick or cast iron skillet. Once the butter has melted, pour the egg mixture into skillet and gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Cook until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains.Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
Scoop cooked eggs into tortilla shells and top with Pepper Jack cheese. Serve with sliced avocado, salsa, and/or other fresh fruit.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tortillas
- Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- avocado, optional
- salsa, optional
- cilantro, for garnish
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half together until well blended and one consistent color.
- Melt butter or ghee over medium heat in a large, non-stick or cast iron skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Cook until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop cooked eggs into tortilla shells and top with Pepper Jack cheese. Serve with sliced avocado and salsa.
Nutritional information based on a dozen eggs, 1/2 cup half-and-half, 1/4 cup butter, and 3/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 372mg Sodium: 513mg Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 1g Protein: 19g
About Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
As I mentioned above, I recommend Nellie’s Free Range Eggs. The yolks of Nellie’s eggs are a rich golden color – a sign of a good egg. Plus, as a former “chicken mom,” I believe that chickens should be able to have free range. I am certain that my girls would give me a look like I am crazy for buying any other kind of egg.
Gluten-free egg noodles? You betcha! The video below shows how it’s done – it’s so cool you gotta see it!
Promotional consideration provided by Nellie’s.I had a dozen Nellie’s Free Range Eggs in my refrigerator when I was asked if I wanted to work with Nellie’s Free Range Eggs. True story. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and grammatical errors are my own.