Photo courtesy of Laylita’s Recipes
Welcome to this Foreign Food challenge. This mouth-watering photo is certainly timely, with Easter just around the corner.
Think you know the origin of this dish? Below are a few clues to get you guessing:
- The country of origin lies south in the Southern Hemisphere. It also lies in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Doctors in this country will make house calls.
- The currency is the US Dollar.
- Christina Maria Aguilera’s father immigrated from this country.
- Currently, this country is in the same time zone as Chicago.
- The official language is Spanish.
- The country is the world’s largest exporter of bananas.
- A typical meal here consists of soup, followed by a plate of rice and meat.
- This country is home to the Panama hat.
In which country do you think this delicious soup originated?
Would you like to try some of this soup? You can recreate the dish at home. Laylita has posted the recipe on her blog and you can get it by clicking here.1