Churrascaria – Photo courtesy of Wise Monkeys Abroad.
My friends at Wise Monkeys Abroad have recently returned home after enjoying an exciting trip. While exploring the fascinating host country, they enjoyed churrascaria. We would probably refer to it as barbecue here. The cooked meat was carried around on skewers, and diners could eat all that they wanted.
If you follow Wise Monkeys Abroad on Facebook or via their website, you should already know where they enjoyed this tasty meat. If not, I am going to provide you some clues – let’s see if you can guess what country they recently visited.
- This country covers nearly half of the continent it occupies, and it borders all but two countries on that continent.
- Population: the country ranks 5th worldwide with over 202 million residents.
- The motto “Ordem e Progresso”—(Order and Progress)—appears on this country’s flag.
- According to TripAdvisor, the world’s best beach is located in this country.
- Christ the Redeemer, a statue that towers over the second largest city in this country, was named one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World” in 2007.
- Guaraná, a delicious soft drink unique to this country, is made out of a fruit from the Amazon.
- This country produces cachaça which made from fermented sugar cane. Cachaça combined with crushed lime, sugar, and ice becomes caipirinha.