Three words to describe this Cheddar and Roasted Red Pepper Cheeseball? Nutty, cheesy, and delicious!
Eating well while following a gluten-free diet might seem daunting at times, especially when you want to entertain friends. I am here to tell you that it does not have to be that difficult.
For starters, er…perhaps I should say appetizers, you can make a homemade cheeseball and serve it with Breton Gluten-Free Crackers. None of your guests will realize that you are serving them a gluten-free appetizer because the crackers are incredibly delicious.
To make the cheeseball, you start by taking softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese and mix them in the bowl of a mixer.
Mix it until the cheeses are creamed together.
Next, chop approximately 3 tablespoons of roasted red bell pepper. (You can cheat by using peppers out of a jar.)
Next, add the peppers, herbs, and seasoning and mix some more. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Once it is all well blended, mound the mixture into the middle of the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
The ball will be rolled in toasted pecan pieces. If you want to toast your own, place them in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before using. Take the chilled cheeseball and shape it into a ball and roll in the pecan pieces.
The ball will be ready to go at this point, or you can place it back in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1¾ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons roasted red pepper strips, chopped
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese into bowl of mixer and beat until creamed. Beat in red pepper strips, basil, cayenne, and lemon juice until thoroughly combined.
- Scrape sides of bowl and mound cheese mixture in middle of bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove cheese from refrigerate and shape into ball.
- Place chopped pecans on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Roll cheese ball in nuts to coat.
- Serve with Breton Original Crackers with Flax and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
BRETON GLUTEN-FREE ORIGINAL WITH FLAX — Gluten free with the tender-crisp texture and wholesome taste of the original Breton. Made with arrowroot flour and green lentil flour, they’re so delicious you’ll find it hard to believe they’re gluten-free! All Breton crackers are certified gluten free by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness Gluten Free Certification Program.
How would you top Breton Gluten-Free Crackers?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.