These Caprese Chicken Bowls combine the classic Italian flavors of tomato, basil, and mozzarella in a guilt-free bowl that’s low in carbs and perfect for everyone – even those on a ketogenic diet. And if my calculations are correct, each bowl is only 5 Weight Watchers Points!
This is another winning recipe by Michelle Fagone, author of The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series) and the brain behind CavegirlCuisine.com.
The dish comes together quickly and easily and is made in an Instant Pot (pressure cooker). There are only a handful of all-natural ingredients needed for the recipe, making it a wholesome dish.
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, including juice
- 1 8-ounce ball fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- Add chicken and tomatoes with juice to the Instant Pot®. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust cook time to 5 minutes. When timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Quick-release any additional pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Check chicken using a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is at least 165°F.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and tomatoes to four bowls. Garnish chicken with mozzarella cubes. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and basil, and serve.
Excerpted from The "I Love My Instant Pot®" Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes by Michelle Fagone (CavegirlCuisine.com) Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
***Each bowl is 5 Weight Watchers Points, according to the calculator at https://www.calculator.net/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g
- Cooking with an Instant Pot
- Breakfast and Gluten-Free Breads
- Soups, Stews, and Chilis
- Appetizers, Snacks, and Sauces
- Side Dishes
- Beans, Rice, and Gluten-Free Pasta
- Poultry Main Dishes
- Beef, Pork, and Lamb Main Dishes
- Seafood and Fish Main Dishes
- Desserts and Drinks
This cookbook is a great cookbook to have on hand, even if you don’t follow a gluten-free diet. It’s a great everyday resource for using your Instant Pot, as well when you need a gluten-free recipe for company. If you would like to “sample” more recipes from the book, then check out Michelle’s recipe for Home-Style Meatloaf and Chicken Fajita Bowls.
Look for The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book at your favorite bookstore or at Amazon.com.