These Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps feature all the wonderful flavor found in traditional Buffalo wings – with none of the guilt! As an added bonus, this satisfying one-pan meal comes together in less than 30 minutes.
These tasty wraps are low carb, low in calories, and are great for everyone – including those on a ketogenic diet.
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1½ lbs. chicken breast, shredded
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Melt the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced pepper and celery, and sauté until tender, around 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Add the hot sauce and sauté while stirring for another minute or two, until the sauce is heated through and everything is well coated. Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onions.
- To serve, fill Bibb lettuce cups with a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 246 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 650mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 36g
About Buffalo Wings
The original buffalo wings – the inspiration behind these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps – were created in Buffalo, New York, in 1964. They were first served at the Anchor Bar and served with a side of bleu cheese dressing and celery.
The “secret” ingredient in the original recipe was Frank’s RedHot sauce. Butter and Frank’s RedHot sauce, along with chicken wings, were (are) the only items needed to make America’s favorite wings.
The city of Buffalo has celebrated Chicken Wing Day on July 29th since 1977.