I love blueberries. One of my favorite ways to enjoy them is in this delicious Blueberry Cream Pie.
The first time I had this creamy pie was right after I had my first child, nearly nineteen years ago.
I am one of those lucky people who had her mom take care of her for the first two weeks after I had my baby. While my husband was at work, my mom took care of my house and me so that I could take care of our little bundle of joy. I remember my mom making this pie for me and thought it was odd that it was a “cream” pie that was sweet yet made with sour cream.
My mother also took some sour cream, added a little sugar, and served it on the side. The recipe only calls for one cup of sour cream, so if you are like me and buy 16 ounce cartons, it’s a great way to find another way to use it. Plus, it is simply delicious.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 unbaked, 9-inch pastry shell
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine the first 6 ingredients; beat 5 minutes at medium speed or until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Mix together 1/2 cup flour, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture over top of pie and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 498 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 57mg Sodium: 276mg Carbohydrates: 76g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 50g Protein: 5g
I usually get an email from my favorite “Pick Your Own” farm that it is time to go and pick blueberries. However, for some reason I have not gotten it this year. 🙁 Fortunately my mom was gracious to give me two large ziplock containers full of berries from her bushes at her house. (I should have had some of my own, but our newest puppy decimated all of our blueberry bushes.)