This Black Bean and Corn Salsa Dip is five layers of yummy goodness that you can scoop up with chips and devour. For a healthier twist, you can use bell peppers instead.
I really like to shop at Sam’s Club, especially at Christmas when the unique seasonal products line the shelves. This year I saw something new – My Brother’s Salsa. The 4-pack of salsa was right next to the peanut brittle on the seasonal food aisle.
My Brother’s Salsa is made with real ingredients, like tomatoes, corn, black beans, onion, fresh jalapeños, garlic, and cilantro. Each jar of salsa has a family recipe or tips on how to use it on the label.
My Brother’s Salsa 4-Pack
- Original Mild, Med, Hot – Dark, earthy, intensely satisfying salsa with no onions.
- House Med – Laidback fresh table salsa – ripened tomatoes, Spanish onion, a hint of blue agave nectar, and serrano chile.
- Black Bean & Corn Mild – All-natural textures of diced tomatoes, black beans, and sweet corn.
- Fire Roasted Med, Hot – Seasoned with a unique 3 chile blend: jalapeño, serrano, and poblano.
I took the jar of Black Bean & Corn salsa and created a layered bean dip. It’s great for family get-togethers, Game Night, Ladies’ Night Out, etc. It’s really quick and easy to make.
Take a can of fat-free refried beans and place it in a microwavable container. Add 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin. Stir and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir the beans and microwave for another 30 seconds. Spread the beans on the bottom of a shallow pan. (I use a glass pie dish.)
Next, spread 8 ounces of prepared guacamole on top of the beans.
Add some shredded lettuce, if you’d like.
For the next layer, add 2 cups of a Mexican-blend shredded cheese.
And for the pièce de résistance, top the cheese with a jar of My Brother’s Salsa Black Bean and Corn salsa.
I like to garnish my dip with a dollop of sour cream and some pickled jalapeños. It’s great with corn chips and tortilla chips.
- 1 16- ounce can fat-free refried beans
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 8- ounce package prepared guacamole
- ½ 8- ounce package shredded lettuce
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups My Brother's Salsa, Black Bean and Corn
- Dollop of sour cream
- 2-3 pickled jalapenos
- Corn or tortilla chips for dipping
- Pour refried beans, water, and cumin in a medium sized bowl, stir, and microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir and pour into bottom of shallow pan or pie plate.
- Spread guacamole on top of beans.
- Sprinkle lettuce over beans, followed by cheese.
- Spoon My Brother's Salsa on top of cheese.
- Place dollop of sour cream in middle of dip.
- Top with jalapenos.
- Serve with corn or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
The holiday 4-pack is a perfect gift idea. It is a different way to think about gifting- it’s easy, pre-wrapped and original! (The packaging includes a gift tag.) Or, you could make four gift baskets with a Latin twist. In each basket, include a jar of My Brother’s Salsa, a bag of tortilla chips, a cute kitchen towel, and a small gift card for fresh ingredients.
Now that I have shared one of the ways that I like to use salsa, I would love to hear how you use it. Leave a comment sharing your favorite ways to eat it.