BBQ – Photo courtesy Wise Monkeys Abroad.
The above photo is of BBQ, but not the style that we are accustomed to in the South. No, this style comes from a totally different culture than that of the Heart of Dixie. My friends who blog at Wise Monkeys Abroad enjoyed this dish in a restaurant in Australia. Below are some clues – see if you can guess the nationality of the country of the restaurant where they dined:
- This country is a small country on the far eastern edge of Asia and it ranks 109th in the world in terms of land area.
- The 1988 Olympics and 2002 FIFA World Cup were held there.
- The design on the flag symbolizes the principles of Yin and Yang.
- Rice is the staple of most residents in this country.
- Kimchi is prepared by families there in late November or early December – enough to last through the long winter.