Taste the Traditions of Tennessee at Dollywood’s Barbecue and Bluegrass Festival
It’s that time of year – time for Dollywood’s Barbeque and Bluegrass Festival! The annual event will take place May 25 – June 10th this season with a new presenting sponsor: BUSH’S® Beans.
It makes perfect sense for BUSH’S® Beans to sponsor the event considering that their history is rooted in Tennessee (Knoxville to be exact) and their manufacturing facility is down the road from Dollywood. For this year’s festival, Dollywood’s chefs have created several unique recipes to accompany their slow-smoked barbecue. Two of them are:
- BUSH’S® Hickory Pit Beans: a Dollywood-exclusive recipe featuring several varieties of beans, brown sugar and secret seasonings, and BUSH’S Cowboy Beans, and
- another Dollywood-only item which consists of multiple varieties of beans, topped with BBQ pork, smoked sausage, and sautéed green and red peppers, and onions. Can you guess what it will be called?
Some other things to look forward to this year are BBQ pork nachos, pork belly mac & cheese, and the BBQ bowl—featuring pulled pork atop Dollywood’s famous BIG SKILLET potatoes. Chicken and waffles funnel cake, Dollywood’s twist on chicken & waffles, grilled watermelon salad and a bacon-wrapped hot dog on a pretzel roll also are new in 2018.
Dollywood’s 2018 Barbeque & Bluegrass Lineup
The opening weekend of Dollywood’s Barbeque & Bluegrass, presented by BUSH’S®, kicks off with The Gibson Brothers (May 25), followed by:
- “Queen of Bluegrass” Rhonda Vincent & The Rage (May 26-27),
- Dailey & Vincent (May 29-30),
- Molly Tuttle (May 31), and
- The Seldom Scene (June 5).
Seven-time International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Vocal Group of the Year Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver (June 7) also makes an appearance during the event.
More About BUSH’S® Beans
Bush Brothers & Company was founded in 1908 by A.J. Bush in Chestnut Hill, Tennessee. Originally created to can locally-grown tomatoes, the company has adapted their products to changing consumer tastes and wants over the years. The BUSH’S® Visitor Center in Chestnut Hill, housed in the original A.J. Bush & Company General Store, would be a great place to visit after Dollywood. In addition to a museum and gift shop, the BUSH’S® Family Café features a number of bean-inspired dishes.