With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I decided to create a healthier version of a taco salad. Rather than using ground beef, I used lean ground turkey and made my own taco seasoning. All of the flavors of a traditional taco salad are there.
About the Salad
I like to prepare my salad with a layer of crushed corn chips on the bottom. You might prefer to have them on top. Prepare it the way that will make you happy. Like black olives? Throw a few on top. What about jalapenos? They would be great on top as well. If you don’t like spicy food, omit the cayenne. If you LOVE spicy food, consider adding a little bit more of the spice. I hope you enjoy it!
- Turkey is high in protein, the main building block of the body.
- If Benjamin Franklin had his way, the wild turkey would have been the official bird of the United States.
- June has been named National Turkey Lovers Month.
- Wild turkeys spend their nights in the low branches of trees.
- The fowl that we know as turkey was actually named after the country, Turkey, due to a case of mistaken identity.