Originally posted February 22, 2013
Crisp rice cereal.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, egg, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix until completely blended. If you are not using a mixer, you may need your hands to mix well.
- Shape dough into size of walnuts or use cookie scoop. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. (I recommend using parchment paper if not using a baking stone.)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
Sounds like breakfast to me. How about you? It would be a nice excuse to eat these delicious cookies early in the morning. However, they do have sugar in them and it would be best to save them as a special treat.
I would like to congratulate Susan D. on winning the latest giveaway. (Susan – check your email.)
She won You Can Trust a Skinny Cook: 140 Recipes That Love You Back by Allison Fishman.