Nutella Bread can be eaten any time of the day. It makes a great grab-and-go breakfast, a sweet mid-morning snack, or a dessert whenever something sweet is desired. My kids and I usually just call it Chocolate Bread, but regardless of what it’s called, it’s great!
Nutella Bread Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet rapid or quick yeast
- 3 cups flour (bread flour, preferably)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
- Warm milk in microwave for 40 – 50 seconds on HIGH. It should be warm, but not hot.
- Combine milk, sugar, and yeast and let sit for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. On low, add yeast mixture and cooled butter. Combine until smooth. Increase speed and knead for 3-5 minutes.
- Place dough in a large bowl that has been “greased” with oil, turning to coat the dough.
- Place in a warm place and allow to rise until doubled in size. Divide dough in half and work one half at a time.
- Roll each half into a rectangle on a lightly-floured surface.
- Spread Nutella down the middle third of the rectangle lengthwise.
- With a sharp knife, cut 1-inch strips down both sides of dough from filling to edge.
- Starting at one end, fold a strip from one sides towards the middle. Next, fold the strip directly across over onto the first strip. Repeat. (See How to Braid Bread for further directions.)
- Place on a baking sheet and let rise for about 1 hour or until it has doubled again. (I like to spray my loaves with nonstick spray.)
- Bake loaves for 20 to 25 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
It is really easy to make.