When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. When Nielsen-Massey (or a PR rep) sends Pure Lemon Extract, what’s a girl to do? Well, I made Nielsen-Massey’s Lemon Herb Rice. Let me tell you – this is creamy deliciousness at its best.
I prepared all of my ingredients before I started. I began by grating Parmesan cheese. Then I washed and chopped organic parsley. I laid out the remaining ingredients along with measuring cups and spoons and got to work. I heated a skillet with olive oil and then added Arborio rice.
I followed the rest of the directions with the exception that I omitted rosemary. It took about 25 minutes for the rice to reach the desired consistency. After adding the Pure Lemon Extract, Parmesan cheese, and parsley I had my first bite.
The lemon extract provided a light citrus taste that perfectly complemented the creaminess from the rice and cheese. It was almost like eating a savory dessert – it was that good.
Throughout its more than 100 year history, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has earned its reputation as a manufacturer of the finest extracts in the world. The full line of Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Vanilla products include:
- Vanilla Beans and Extracts from Madagascar,Tahiti and Mexico;
- Sugar and alcohol-free Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder;
- Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste;
- Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar;
- Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, and
- Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Beans.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas also offers a full line of Pure Flavors:
- Pure Chocolate Extract, Pure Almond Extract,
- Pure Orange Extract,
- Pure Lemon Extract,
- Pure Coffee Extract,
- Pure Peppermint Extract,
- Orange Blossom Water and Rose Water.
All Nielsen-Massey products are All-Natural, Allergen-Free, GMO-Free, and certified Kosher and Gluten-Free. The company is headquartered in Waukegan, Illinois, with production facilities in Waukegan and Leeuwarden, The Netherlands.