I received a cute little Sweet Creations Mini Loaf pan to review. All thoughts and opinions are mine, naturally.
Have you seen recipes on the web for ice cream bread? My daughter pointed them out to me and said that I should try it with my favorite ice cream, Santa’s White Christmas. I thought about it, then I ate some of the aforementioned ice cream. Then I had to buy a different ice cream to use in the recipe. Armed with my Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan from the Good Cook, I took on the challenge. The pan has four wells that are the perfect size for making mini loaves to give as gifts. The bread is really simple to make. Only two ingredients are necessary.
~Ice cream and self-rising flour~
The tough part – watching ice cream melt.
I thought it would be great to add a little espresso powder to the melted ice cream. Because more caffeine = better, right?
Can you see the specks of espresso powder?
A little bit of chocolate makes everything better. So in went a cup of mini chocolate chips.
The batter is thick.
The four cups create the perfect size loaves for gift giving.
- 1 pint (or 2 cups) ice cream, melted
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine ice cream and espresso powder. Add flour and mix well. (Batter will be a little stiff.) Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.