Photo courtesy of Wise Monkeys Abroad.
It’s Friday – the best day of the week. That also means time to post another picture of foreign food.
The plate before you was enjoyed at a restaurant, not in the country for which the bread is named. Here are a few clues to get you guessing as to what the name of the bread is:
- This is the national bread of a landlocked central Asian country.
- The country is split East to West by the Hindu Kush mountain range.
- Alexander the Great used this country as a gateway to India.
- This bread is typically baked in a tandoor, a cylindrical oven.
- The most popular dish of this country is steamed rice with chops of raisins and carrot, often served with lamb.
- The Buddhas of Bamiyan were large statues in this country until they were destroyed in March 2001.