Shrimp Salad, photo by Wise Monkeys Abroad
Just because something may be familiar to me does not mean that it is not foreign to someone else. This is the first clue in today’s Foreign Food Friday post. So today I am going to give you clues for the particular city where that luscious salad was enjoyed. (I am quite jealous – it looks like it was awesome!)
- Seafood would be a natural choice here, considering that it is on a coast.
- This city was once known as Yerba Buena, a Spanish name meaning “good herb.”
- It ranks fourth in the world for the number of billionaires that call this city home.
- A famous bridge here is constantly being painted – it’s too long to complete at one time.
- Chinese fortune cookies were invented here, as was chop suey.
- Blue jeans were invented in this city.
- There are over 300 coffee shops within the confines of this city.
- Francis Ford Coppola wrote his script, The Godfather, here. Or so it is said.
- It is the second most densely populated major city in the United States.
Where do you think this photo was taken?
To check your answer and read about the Wise Monkeys Abroad trip to this city, click here.