Ever hear that expression “Easy as pie?” It must be a reference to Peanut Butter Pie. (It can’t be a reference to apple pie – that’s a lot of work!) You don’t need any baking skills in order to make this pie. A good sturdy mixer is the only tool you’ll need.
- You start with a premade graham cracker pie crust.
- Next, combine 1/2 cup of peanut butter with 1 cup of milk in a mixer and blend well.
- Add 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a small carton of Cool Whip and mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with more whipped topping, if desired.
Note: If you would like to decorate the top with Reddi-wip, only do so prior to serving. If left too long it “melts.”
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups whipped topping
- Reddi-wip for the topping
- Line crust with layer of whipped topping.
- Gradually add milk to peanut butter in a mixing bowl, blending until smooth. Add pudding mix and beat 1 -2 minutes. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting.
Tasty tidbits to jazz up this simple pie:
- Use a chocolate pie crust
- Add chopped peanuts
- Use hot fudge or chocolate sauce drizzled on top to garnish
- Use chocolate curls as a garnish
- Place layer of chocolate sauce on bottom of crust before adding pudding mixture
- Place a layer of bananas on bottom before adding pudding mixture
If this pie is too simple for you, head over to Grinning Like an Idiot’s site to check out her slightly more complex Peanut Butter Banana Ice Box Pie.