This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #40PerfectPairings #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I don’t know about you, but it’s time for me to make an escape to the coast to soak up some sun and eat some delicious seafood. Since it will be a few weeks until I am actually able to make it to the beach, I came up with a simple recipe for Easy Coconut Shrimp and Tropical Fried Rice. One of the great things about it is that it is quick and easy thanks to a few shortcuts.
Shortcuts Make This Easy
It’s okay to use shortcuts when it comes to making dinner. We don’t always have time to make everything from scratch. (At least I don’t!) So here are the shortcuts I use to make Easy Coconut Shrimp and Tropical Fried Rice.
- For the shrimp, I use SeaPak® Jumbo Coconut Shrimp. It already comes pre-breaded and there are two options for preparing it – baking or frying.
- I use rice that has been cooked earlier in the week and refrigerated. All I have to do is take it out and start stir-frying it.
- I buy pre-chopped onions and use garlic that comes in a squeeze bottle.
- I buy pre-cut pineapple chunks and then all I have to do is cut them into smaller pieces. (Canned pineapple tidbits that have been drained work well, too.)
Meals in Minutes
Using these shortcuts, I can have dinner done in 30 minutes. A dinner that transports me to the beach where there are no worries and the food is divine.
Knowing that most of us need simple meal solutions (and wine pairings!), Seapak® has created a new recipe book that features 40 meal solutions that help make decisions easy, not to mention weekly shopping a breeze. There are a couple of ways that you can get the recipe book: through your local Walmart Grocery Pickup (it will be included in a grab bag for first time online grocery shoppers who order between March 1st and the first half of April) or online (click here to get it).
How to Make Easy Coconut Shrimp and Tropical Fried Rice
- 1 box SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups diced pineapple
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 Tbsp garlic
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Prepare shrimp according to directions on package.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk together egg and milk. Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray and scrambled eggs until set. Remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in skillet and cook onion for 2-3 minutes. Add pineapple, peppers, peas and carrots, and garlic and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add rice and cooked eggs to skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine hoisin sauce, water, and soy sauce. Pour over rice mixture and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Remove fried rice from heat.
- Place fried rice on plate and top with SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp. Drizzle with Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce (from inside the SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp box), if desired.
I have been buying different SeaPak products for years because they are responsibly sourced. Their authentic recipes have been tested, perfected, and loved for over 60 years. SeaPak has us covered when it comes to being committed to sharing the best inspiration for mindful eating and relaxed living. Look for SeaPak in the frozen aisle at your local Walmart.
FYI: On Friday, March 3, 2017, select Walmart locations will have samples of SeaPak. While you are there, be sure to bring your money saving coupon for SeaPak! (Click here for the coupon.)
Have you tried SeaPak’s Popcorn Shrimp? It’s so versatile – I like to pair it with fries and coleslaw for a simple dinner, serve it on a salad, or put it in bun and create a Shrimp Po Boy.
Wine Pairing for Coconut Fried Shrimp and Tropical Fried Rice
For my tasty dish, I recommend Black Box Chardonnay. It is a crisp white wine that comes in a convenient 3 liter box – it is the equivalent of four 750ml bottles of award-winning premium wine.
Black Box is the Winner of 50 Gold Medals and 29 Wine Enthusiast Best Buys. Black Box Wines are world-class wines that come from world-class regions. The eco-friendly box (it’s recyclable!) keeps the wine fresh for up to six weeks. And to top it off, Black Box wines are 40% less expensive than four bottles of comparable premium wine.*
Always drink responsibly and never drink and drive.
*Comparison of average retail selling price of Black Box Wines and Super Premium category wine as reported by 2014 IRI Total U.S.