Welcome back to Destination USA! Last week’s challenge was a bit tricky since it was north of the Mason-Dixon line. Today’s location challenge, though, is right in the Heart of Dixie. (Consider that your first unofficial clue!) See if you can guess the city.
Here are today’s clues:
- This city was the first capital of the Confederate States of America in 1861.
- As you’ll see in the photo below, this current day capital city lies on along a river.
- The “father of contemporary country music,” Hank Williams, is buried here.
- Martin Luther King, Jr., preached at Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in this city.
- On December 1, 1955, Rosa Parks kept her seat on a bus here which sparked a famous bus boycott.
Do you know where this city is?
You can check the answer and learn more about this city by clicking here.