Welcome to Destination USA! This is the first geography challenge in this new series at Southern Kissed.
How it Works
I will post a couple of pictures and 5 clues about a featured destination. The questions will progress from vague to more specific.
The scores are as follows:
- Correctly guess the destination with just the first clue and you are a Geography Whiz! You get 100 points.
- Correctly guess the answer with clues 1 and 2 and you are clever. Give yourself 80 points.
- Correctly guess the answer at clue 3 and you are doing alright. You get 60 points.
- Correctly guess it by clue 4 and you’re still in the game. Don’t fret. We’ll have another geography challenge before you know it and perhaps you will score high on the next one. 40 points are yours.
- Don’t feel bad if you don’t guess it until the last clue. At least you got it right – you get 20 points.
Challenge Number 1
- The sign above shows that this location is 4,150 miles from Paris. That’s not all that the sign says. (There are other towns and villages listed that are nearby.)
- The location is best known by the county where it is located. There are 19 communities in the area.
- The location is in the state that is known as the Dairy Capital of the United States.
- The county is known for its resorts, cherries, and wine. There are over 300 miles of shoreline around the peninsula that this county occupies.
- Still stumped? Pull out your map and look for Green Bay and Lake Michigan.
Were you able to guess the location? How many clues did it take?
If you still don’t know the answer, click here for a post that I wrote about why you should visit this location.