In my recent experimentation phase, I came up with these sweet little Gluten-Free Chocolate Muffin recipe. I originally was going to make them into mini bundt cakes, but after tasting the sweet, chocolate-y batter, I decided to make them into muffins instead. (Throw some icing on top and they could be called cupcakes, too!)
This recipe is made with a mixture of almond flour, tapioca flour, and a touch of coconut flour.
From just licking this batter, I would never have guessed that it was gluten-free.
The recipe makes 12 delicious cupcakes. I guesstimate that each little treat is 264 calories. (It didn’t take me long to eat a third of my daily calories just in chocolate muffins!)
Being that there is no gluten, they did sink just a little in the center. But hey – they’re still delicious!
I like to freeze these little gems and pull them out as I need them. I even eat them frozen. For breakfast. Because they are muffins if I want them to be. *wink, wink*
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ― Linda Grayson
- “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” ― Jo Brand
- “If there’s no chocolate in Heaven, I’m not going.” ― Jane Seabrook,
- “The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare…neither knew chocolate.” ― Sandra Boynton