This year is already flying by – Valentine’s Day is less than a month away. In today’s post, I am sharing an easy recipe for Brownie Fruit Kabobs that will allow you more time to focus on the things – or rather the people – who matter most in your life. I have also included some information about Valentine’s Day, some of which may surprise you.
These cute Brownie Fruit Kabobs are simple to assemble and are perfect anytime, but especially so for date nights and Valentine’s Day. Miniature brownies, fresh strawberries, and marshmallows skewered together and served with a little chocolate and/or dulce de leche – yum!
You can make these ahead of time and stick them in the refrigerator while you get ready for a special night.
Surprising Valentine’s Day Facts
- Valentine’s Day has its origins dating back to Lupercalia, an ancient fertility festival held in mid-February. The Christian church chose mid-February for the time to honor St. Valentine to christian-ize the celebration.
- Pope Gelasius declared February 14th as the day to honor St. Valentine at the end of the 5th century.
- Love and romance became associated with the holiday in the 1300s.
- People began exchanging Valentine’s Day cards in Great Britain in the 1600s.
- We can thank Richard Cadbury for starting the giving of chocolates on Valentine’s Day in heart-shaped boxes.
- Nowadays, Americans spend $20 billion per year on Valentine’s Day goodies.
- According to Guinness World Records, the longest kiss took place on February 14, 2013 and lasted 58 hours, 35 minutes, and 58 seconds.
All you need is a little love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. ~Charles M. Schulz